Viruses are no fun for you or your computer and can be incredibly frustrating.
If you notice strange emails being sent from your email address, programs starting automatically on your computer, hardware glitches, or other performance issues, your computer may be infected. So now what? Here are some possible next steps to a healthy computer.
- Antivirus – if you don’t already have one, install an antivirus program. Make sure you only have one program installed because having multiple can cause more issues. Networks Unlimited offers fantastic business-class virus protection.
- Full System Scan – run a full scan of your current system to check for any virus currently on your computer. If you aren’t sure how to do this, search the website of the antivirus program you are using for directions how to do this in their software.
- Threat-Removal – after the scan, the program will recommend the best course of action for each threat.
- DIY – if you want to tackle the stubborn viruses yourself, you might need to erase the hard drive and reinstall specific programs, or even your entire operating system. Make sure your data is backed up, and you have all product keys in hand before you erase your entire system.
- Contact a Professional – if the program is unable to remove the threat and you don’t want to erase things yourself, it is time to contact a professional. Networks Unlimited has a full help desk shop that will be able to complete a more in-depth scan of your computer and remove those viruses that are hard to get rid of on your own.
Networks Unlimited can protect your computers from nasty viruses. Our Anti-X service blocks viruses, spyware, worms, and Trojans from infecting your computers. We can perform a full scan if you suspect your computer may have an infection. This service is a low-cost monthly bill that allows you to change quantity as you need it. You only pay for what you need. Contact us today with any questions!